Labels

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Slicing Pretty Avocados


This post is for anyone who has ever asked me how I slice avocado. I get the question most often on Instagram (they show up in a lot of my photos), and thinking about it now, I suppose I do have pretty strong opinions about how to go about it. I like the slices thin versus thick, sometimes fanned out a bit (but not too much ;). And minimal fussing and handling is key. In the video, you'll notice that I do all the slicing with the avocado in my palm. It's not the safest method (by a long shot), but I do include a demonstration of another, less perilous method, with very similar results later in the video. A couple of tips I forgot to mention - you want to use beautifully, perfectly ripe avocados. If you have a hard time choosing, I posted some avocado buying tips on this page a while back, and it's still true that I spend more time choosing the avocados for guacamole than actually preparing it. Have fun and send pics! -h

BROWSE ALL VIDEOS


Continue reading Slicing Pretty Avocados...
101 Cookbooks http://ift.tt/2meQP1k

No comments:

Post a Comment